Shaklee Difference (7-minute version)
From Shaklee's landmark nutritional supplement study, to the thousands of quality tests, to the innovations created by Shaklee scientists, it's the care that goes into every step of creating a Shaklee product that makes Shaklee different
Shaklee TV Behind the Scenes
How Well Do You Understand
the Shaklee Difference?
Dear Shaklee Family:
Shaklee products – and the quality and science behind them – are unmatched in the industry. But how familiar are you with the many elements of the Shaklee Difference?
Even if you think you know what makes this company and our products stand apart from the rest, refresh your knowledge with this list of Ten Key Steps that we take to ensure that Shaklee supplements are the best in the marketplace:
1. Shaklee conducts more than 100,000 tests annually to ensure the safety and efficacy of our products.
2. Each and every lot of Shaklee products is 100% tested to ensure and guarantee that each and every ingredient that is part of our label claims is present in the appropriate amounts.
3. All ingredients in Shaklee products are qualified under the incredibly stringent Shaklee protocol, unique in the industry, which tests for up to 350 chemical contaminants including pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, solvent residues, etc.
4. Our Shaklee scientists create formulations so that the key active ingredients are included at clinically efficacious levels, often significantly higher than many companies in the market.
5. Each product is formulated with nutritional ingredients that have been extensively studied to confirm safety and efficacy. Our products don't follow "fads" but incorporate scientific and/or epidemiologic evidence of need and benefit.
6. Shaklee employs advanced delivery systems to enhance bioavailability – and these systems are tested to confirm their nutrient delivery advantages.
7. All ingredients must be acceptable from the standpoint of the Shaklee philosophy, as well as detailed scrutiny as to their safety. We don't simply accept the Certificate of Analysis that many other companies accept but, rather, retest for contaminants to confirm the Certificate of Analysis is accurate.
8. Shaklee has an unwavering commitment to avoid the use of artificial flavours, sweeteners, and added preservatives. We use only non-genetically modified soy protein.
9. Shaklee developed many of the standards and protocols for manufacturing that are now referred to as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
10. Ongoing proof of our product performance is demonstrated by:
More than 100 scientific publications, 90-plus in peer-reviewed journals
The Landmark Study, the only study of its kind, which showed that people who took Shaklee supplements over a period of 20 years had markedly better health than both single-multivitamin and non-supplement users
Shaklee products powering athletes to win 125 medals
Shaklee products fuelling world explorers, 7 of Time-Life's Greatest Adventures of All Time, and NASA space shuttle astronauts with a special rehydration product (called Astro-Ade)
Add to this list our accomplishments and awards in the area of environmental leadership and responsibility, and you'll see why I'm truly proud to be part of this company, where integrity, quality, and social responsibility are our standards, and where making people and the planet healthier is our mission.
Shaklee is all about helping people take control of their future health by virtue of their choices today. My 16 years as a practising family physician led me to believe even more strongly that prevention is where the future of medicine must go. Research confirms that nutrition, weight control, and wise supplementation can powerfully impact your vitality today and your health in the future, and I believe that we can redefine wellness in the coming years. Thank you for all that you're doing to share Shaklee products and the Shaklee Difference with so many. Together we're making a BIG difference in the health of the world!
Jamie McManus, MD, FAAFP
Chair of Medical Affairs, Health Sciences, and Education for Shaklee Corporation!